¬†HOW TO INSTALL A SECURITY SCREEN
Note: These instructions are best combined with the How to Install a Security Screen instructional video on our YouTube channel and our written instructions on our website at¬†http://onlinesecurityscreens.com.au/guides/Howtoinstallwindowsecurityscreens.pdf
Congratulations on the purchase of your OnlineSecurityScreens.com.au security screen, built to provide you with years of trouble free service, provided it is installed and maintained correctly. The OnlineSecurityScreens.com.au security screen is easy to install by anyone using everyday tools¬†if you follow these How to Install a Security Screen instructions. Installation generally takes about 15 minutes, so please take time to read these How to Install a Security Screen instructions to help you achieve a professional result.¬† Thank you for choosing OnlineSecurityScreens.com.au.
1) ¬† ¬†HOW TO INSTALL A SECURITY SCREEN -¬†SAFETY
- Always wear protective safety glasses when using tools and ensure that loose items of clothing, hair and jewelry are retained.
- Always cut away from your body and hands when using a utility knife.
- Clear the work area of any potential hazards before commencing work.
2) ¬† ¬†HOW TO INSTALL A SECURITY SCREEN -¬†CONTENTS PROVIDED
- Security screen
- Security driver
- 3mm drill bit for pre-drilling
- 4mm drill bit for pre-drilling
- Required number of powdercoated pan head 10G ‚Äď 25mm security screws
3) ¬† ¬†HOW TO INSTALL A SECURITY SCREEN -¬†TOOLS REQUIRED
- Metric tape measure (Good quality steel tape measure)
- Cordless drill
4) ¬† ¬†HOW TO INSTALL A SECURITY SCREEN -¬†FIT SCREEN
- Place security screen into the flat plane on the outside of your window over the opening section.
- Take note of where you can attach the security screen to the window on all four sides such that the fasteners will not interfere with any moving panels or components on the window.
- Take the security screen down and pre-drill equally spaced holes with the 4mm drill bit on all four sides. Ensure you are a minimum of 60mm from the corners, have a maximum spacing of 400mm and that you have enough security screws for the number of holes you will be pre-drilling.
- Place the security screen into the same position as step 4.a of the How to Install a Security Screen instructions.
- Pre-drill the window frame with the 3mm drill bit through one of the holes taking care not to come in contact with the glass.
- Insert powdercoated security screw provided.
- Repeat steps d & e of the How to Install a Security Screen instructions for all remaining holes
- Operate window over its entire range ensuring there is no interference.¬† If required remove and refit security screw that is causing the interference.
- You have completed the How to Install a Security Screen instructions.