Â HOW TO MEASURE A SECURITY SCREENÂ
Note: These instructions are best combined with the How to Measure a Security Screen instructional video on our YouTube channel and the full instructions with diagrams on our website atÂ http://onlinesecurityscreens.com.au/guides/Howtomeasurewindowsecurityscreens.pdf
1) Â Â HOW TO MEASURE A SECURITY SCREEN -Â TOOLS REQUIRED
- Metric tape measure (Good quality steel tape measure). Always double check measurements.
- OnlineSecurityScreens.com.au Screens – Measure Sheet http://onlinesecurityscreens.com.au/index.php/help
2) Â Â HOW TO MEASURE A SECURITY SCREEN -Â CHECK NEW SECURITY SCREEN CAN BE INSTALLED PROPERLY
Note: If your screen does not meet ALL of the requirements listed below it is recommended you have your security screen measured & installed by a Local SecureView Expert. They can be located by going to www.secureview.com.au and selecting the contact tab.
- The existing window needs to be sliding, double hung or louvre. If the window is a louvre window there must be enough clearance for the blades to be fully opened once the screen is installed.
- All security screens will be face fit. Therefore, there needs to be enough fixed aluminium/timber (minimum 10mm) on a flat plane on all four sides of the outside of the opening section of the window for the screws to be inserted and not interfere with any moving panels or components on the window.
Note:Â All the below steps for How to Measure a Security Screen will need to be recorded on the OnlineSecurityScreens.com.au measure sheet to make ordering your security screen as easy and efficient as possible.
3) Â Â HOW TO MEASURE A SECURITY SCREEN -Â DECIDE ON SCREEN STYLE & COLOUR
- Style: SecureView or Xceed
- Colour: Use the colour chart that can be ordered from OnlineSecurityScreens.com.au to match existing window frames. Alternatively, obtain the colour from your builder or house plans.
4) Â Â HOW TOÂ MEASURE A SECURITY SCREEN (Remember to record all measurements in millimetres.)
Note: All recorded measurements for How to Measure a Security Screen must be make size, the factory will not do any deductions.
- How to Measure a Security Screen Height: Measure the height of the flat plane in three places. The two edges and the centre. Deduct 3mm from the smallest measurement & record on the How to Measure a Security Screen measure sheet.
- How to Measure a Security Screen Width: Measure the width of the flat plane in three places. The top, centre and bottom. Deduct 3mm from the smallest measurement & record on the How to Measure a Security Screen measure sheet.
Note: Screens canâ€™t be built out of square so make sure the flat plane of your window is not more than 3mm out of square.Â If the flat plane of the window is more than 3mm out of square you can deduct more off either the height or width to make it fit. However, you will need to ensure that there is still enough fixed aluminium/timber to screw into.
5) Â Â HOW TO MEASURE A SECURITY SCREEN -Â ORDER ONLINE
Go to www.onlinesecurityscreens.com.au and enter the data you recorded on your How to Measure a Security Screen measure sheet. Pay by one of the 2 easy options and in 10- 15 business days your new security screen will arrive at your front door, saving you time and money. Thank you for your business and donâ€™t forget to like us on Facebook if you found these instructions helpful and the order process easy, this is the finest compliment we can receive from a satisfied customer.